Happy ‘I LOVE My Feet Day’!
There is this very profound saying that we saw recently that goes something like this: “If you don’t take the time to take care of your wellness, then illness will visit.”
It really got us thinking about how taking care of one’s mental and physical well-being is so important.
Today is ‘I LOVE My Feet Day’ and we know not everyone takes the time to care for their feet.
Read more: Severe foot calluses shock doctor off his feet
“The human foot is a marvel of biomechanical engineering that most of us take for granted until the system fails or breaks down. The average person will walk the equivalent of twice around the world in a lifetime, which is a long time on your feet.” (UCLA Health)
Here are five easy tips to follow to maintain healthy, happy feet:
1. It’s obvious, but make sure you wash your feet, paying attention to them in-between the toes. Drying them is equally important.
2. “Buy the correct shoe size. You may not wear the same size in shoes made by different manufacturers. Purchase new shoes late in the day, when feet tend to be at their largest. Always buy the shoes that feel the best.” (UCLA Health)
Read more: Woman gives up shoes to be closer to nature
3. Cutting toenails straight across and not toward the corners of the skin is important. Cutting into the corners could cause ingrown toenails, which can be very painful.
4. Exercising is always a good lifestyle choice. Walking is an easy, simple way to keep your weight under control and is said to be a great conditioner for your feet.
For more from East Coast Radio
5. Alternating shoes can be helpful in maintaining good foot health. Your feet can get sweaty, which means that your shoes absorb this sweat. Alternating your shoes can help them air out.
Celebrate your feet today with some love.
Follow us on social media: