Tips for healthy dine-out
Here are some ways in which you can have a healthy dining experience:
Increase your fibre intake – 5 tips to enhance the diet
Can you get unhealthily obsessed with healthy eating? With THIS eating disorder, it’s possible
- Pick your side dish carefully: To boost your
nutritionintake and make your meal filling, pick healthy side dishes such as salad.
- Scan the menu beforehand: Before visiting a
restaurant, scan the menu and pick out your order. Planning your meals in advance can help reduce the risk of picking out unhealthy fooddue to indecisiveness.
- Do not forget to eat mindfully: Having delicious food at your disposal can be quite overwhelming. However, if you wish to eat healthily, don’t forget to be mindful of your food intake to avoid overeating.
- Avoid buffets: All you can eat buffets can be great but they can be extremely damaging to diets,
health, and fitness plans. Avoid such places as much as you can.
- Chew your food well: Studies have shown that chewing your food well and eating slowly can help induce satiety, thereby preventing the risk of overeating. Therefore, chew your food well to boost digestion and health.
- Choose a healthy appetizer: When trying to eat healthily, choose a healthy appetizer to boost the nutrition content in the meal. A few varieties of appetizers that you can choose from include soup, veggies and hummus, etc.
- Snack before you leave the house: Before you leave for a restaurant, munch on your favourite snack to fill up a bit. This can reduce the risk of overeating or eating unhealthy items.
- Don’t be reckless with the dessert: Desserts might be the best part of any meal but if not moderated, they can also be the unhealthiest part. Therefore, it is important to pick a healthy dessert.
- Get your dressings and sauces on the side: A variety of sauces and dressings are loaded with sodium, trans fat, sugar, and other unhealthy content. To reduce their content in the diet, ask for your dressings and sauces on the side to add them to your meal accordingly.
- Opt for healthy beverages: What could be better than a glass of chilled beer or frizzy coke with a delicious meal, right? As much as it’s true, these beverages might not be the healthiest choices. To facilitate healthy eating, stay away from alcoholic and sugary beverages and opt for healthy drinks.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.